You might have other ideas – but here are mine:
- Wild animals crossing e.g. moose, buffalo, deer
- Farm animals or pets escaping onto the road
- Farmers moving cows from one field to another
- Children running suddenly into the road
- Children crossing outside a school (with a crossing warden or ‘lollipop lady’)
- Slow moving vehicles e.g. road cleaning machines, tractors, bikes
- Cars parked in the road
- Pedestrian crossings
- Traffic lights
- Fallen trees
- Too much traffic!
- Vehicles pulling out on to a main road from a side road
- Vehicles changing lane suddenly
And of course, the fact that drivers can’t or don’t pay attention or react quickly enough. Look at what happens in this video:
(This is part of a lesson on my main site – here’s the link).