Here are some of the instructions which the kids gave the dad. These are not all of the instructions. You maybe have different answers, and that’s OK!
The boy’s instructions are:
- Get two pieces of bread out.
- Get a butter knife and get some PB (peanut butter).
- Take one piece of bread.
- Spread it around with the butter knife.
- Get some jelly.
- Rub it on the other half of the bread.
- Put the breads together on top of each other.
- Take a big bite.
The girl’s instructions are:
- Take two pieces of white bread out of the bag.
- Take the lid off the jar of peanut butter.
- Get a knife and stick it inside of the peanut butter jar.
- With the knife, scoop a bit of peanut butter out.
- Spread your scoop of peanut butter onto one of your pieces of bread with the knife.
- Open the jelly jar.
- Squeeze it onto the other piece of bread.
What does the dad do with these instructions?
- He spreads the bread on the table.
- He doesn’t take the peanut butter out of the jar.
- He doesn’t open the jelly.
- He rubs the jelly jar on the bread.
- He scoops a (small) bit of peanut butter out of the jar.
- He rubs jelly all over the bread.
- He gets the peanut butter onto the wrong end of the knife.
- He puts peanut butter on the top of the bread.
- He follows all the instructions exactly.
- He doesn’t do anything that’s not in the instructions!